Thursday, June 11, 2009

'Awakening' by Wolves Bain

One of my favourite castles is 'Awakening'. I made a video about it on St. Valentine's Day. You will find it in one of the older posts on this site. The true story of 'Awakening' was written by Wolves Bain, however. Here it is:


In a nearby village, there is a tavern that I frequent.
I went there one evening to enjoy a small brew, some mutton and perhaps the company of a woman. A man who was disheveled, nervous, and carrying a large amount of parchment approached me there.
He asked if I were Wolves Bain, the castle builder. I asked him why he wanted to know. He said he had drawings for a castle, but he had to know if I were Lord Bain.
I told him, 'I am he, but I am not in the market to purchase these drawings.'
He responded, 'Purchase? No M'Lord, I am giving them to you free of charge. In fact, I will commission you for this task on one condition: that I supply the stones, the wood and all materials. You see, these stones are to be reused from another castle and built in strict accordance with these drawings. It is imperative that they be built to the exact and precise specifications shown in these parchments.'
He then proceeded to tell a tale of a love eternal between a Master and his Mistress and how they vowed to love each other forever. One evening she was stricken with an illness for which there was no cure. In her last breath, she vowed that in 100 years' time she would awaken to start their life anew. She made her beloved promise to wait for her, and so far he has.
It now has been 99 years that he has kept her body in his chambers, keeping vigil each night until the day of her return. In that time, the castle has gone into decay and ruin.
My job is to rebuild the castle as it was so long ago and have it ready for her awakening.

Will you be there for the awakening?

The ‘Awakening’

Now at Castle Row

199 prims, 30x47 footprint
second level next to Parisa



Story by Wolves Bain

No comments:

Post a Comment